UAF Spring 2023--Explorations in Art, Abdurahman Hassan's 1st blog post

 Howdy everyone,

My name is Abdurahman Hassan, and I'm a UAF e-learning undergraduate senior majoring in Psychology and minoring in Political Science. I was born and raised in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and continue to reside in Northern Virginia. I enrolled with UAF via the e-learning system back in the Fall 2017, and I'm on the verge of finally completing my degree this semester. I am the son of Somali-immigrants, who I continue to live with, even at the age of 34! Nevertheless, I hope to find the opportunity to visit the great state of Alaska--the last frontier state & one of America's treasures in the near future. As far as this course is going, I chose this course because I really wanted explore more about the art products from some of the great painters in human history, and the lessons and messages behind their iconic masterpieces. I look forward to interacting with everyone this semester, and I hope everyone has a wonderful academic semester. 

My relationship with art has been very minimal. Other than learning about Art History from an educational game about 2 decades ago, I haven't spent any time doing any sculpting/drawing/painting. My drawing has always been a personal weakness. Despite that, I've attempted to draw certain things over the years, more so than painting/sculpting. I would prefer painting than drawing/sculpting. I don't attend First Fridays, nor do I attend Art Museums. However, I've always wanted to go to the National Art Gallery in Washington D.C. I hope to do sometime.


The Laughing Cavalier:



See https://www.nga.gov/



Comments

  1. You must go to D. C. to check out the art. I have had some very memorable experiences there, and I hope to go back soon. My husband has to do some business with the Pakistan embassy in order to travel to Iran. I think that sounds like a perfect excuse to go to D. C. Parking and traffic is awful, and it seems to get worse every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abdurahman,

    Great and thoughtful post. I agree with the commenter above, you should check out all the art work in DC. I see that you mentioned that your family is from Somalia, I know the Africa Art Museum has some pieces from there as well. I hope you have a wonderful semester, and enjoy this class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that one day you can come to Alaska and explore the beauty she has to offer! I've never been to D.C., but I looked up some pictures of the museum, and it seems to be full of beauty, so I've added that to my bucket list too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Analysis of Vincent Van Gogh's "Bandaged Ear" painting

Romantic Era Contrast: Realist vs Impressionist Art